Friday, February 11, 2022

Finding Peace / Zen Habits / Boost Your Happiness

OMG…almost the middle of February already?  Dare we think that things are getting towards some type of PC (pre-COVID) normal?  

One thing I’ve done to make myself more peaceful is eliminate news from my life: I don’t read, listen to or watch any news.  I do keep up on LinkedIn with real estate industry stuff.  What I’ve learned is that if there’s something really important for me to know either my brother or a close friend in London will tell me.  (Note: I’m not suggesting this approach is for anyone else, however, I have had a lot of folks tell me they admire me for this!)

I found the following two items that I shared here many years.  When I first found them, I did start employing some of the suggestions and they’ve helped – all I need is to remember them!

Zen Habits

Have you ever wondered why someone comes into your life at a certain time?  Or why you hear a song that means so much to you just at the time you needed to hear it.  Or when something arrives in your mailbox, and it says things that you’ve been thinking or that you read at another time in your life and the day it appears is the day that you needed reinforcement?

Well, that happened to me this week when an email called “Zen Habits” arrived. Maybe some of it has meaning for you too.  

1. Surround yourself with passionate people.

2. Create space. If you don’t give big ideas room, they’ll never show up.

3. Help someone in a way only you can.

4. Keep a journal of what inspires and excites you.

5. Challenge the norm.

6. Scare yourself – live outside your comfort zone.

7. Find the right reasons:  You can’t control what happens, but you can control your reaction to it. What challenges have come up today? How could you reframe them? The juiciest possibilities often have the best disguises. notice them.

8. Learn something new.

9. The point is to constantly fuel something that interests you.

“Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.” Hardy D. Jackson

“Life is all about trying-trying new things, not being afraid to try...."

~~

10 Small Ways to Boost Your Happiness This Year

A simple mindset shift can go a long way.

Below are the habits of happy people.

1. Maintain a positive and optimistic outlook. 

2.Focus on what you can control. 

3. Surround yourself with happy people. 

4. Enjoy your work. 

5. Have a life outside of work and change how you view money. 

6. Be flexible. 

7. Sleep healthy, eat healthy and move. 

8. Let go of grudges. 

9. Cultivate and nurture social relationships. 

10. Experience life. 


Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Blog Archive